Life Transitions and Adjustments
Have you experienced a serious illness, loss of a job, or the ending of a relationship? In addition to any of those life transitions or adjustments, do any of the following life changes apply to you:
- adult children leaving home (“empty nest” feeling)?
- caring for elderly parents, a sick partner or child?
- getting married or having a baby?
- changing jobs?
- moving house or relocating?
- a major injury
- death of a loved one?
- challenges related to ageing?
Have any of these life transitions/adjustments left you feeling:
- anxious or fearful?
Psychological Treatment for Life Transitions and Adjustments
As a Clinical Psychologist with substantial experience in the area of Life Transitions and Adjustments, I can help you to navigate your way through these changes.
I provide Psychological Therapy in a safe, supportive and caring environment, utilising a range of evidence-based therapeutic interventions tailored to suit your specific needs. I use an integrative approach and draw on therapy models such as Cognitive-Behavioural, Narrative, Humanistic, Person-Centered, Psychodynamic, Emotion Focussed, Interpersonal, and Mindfulness (amongst others).
Benefits of Psychology Treatment for Life Transitions and Adjustments
I can assist you to:
- process distressing and painful emotions
- improve your mood and manage anxiety
- face fears and learn to be more comfortable with uncertainty and change
- develop the skills to cope better with the difficulties/challenges that arise from these life transitions
- process the grief associated with losses and move forward with life
- change thoughts and behaviours having a negative impact
- adjust to the changes in your life and learn to respond in new ways.
How we can help
- improve your ability to navigate your way effectively through significant life events – (such as becoming a new parent, separation, injury, disability, death of a loved one, retirement)
- develop stronger coping skills to deal with the challenges that arise with various life transitions
- work through the stages of grief associated with your losses
- implement strategies to manage anxiety and overcome fears
- improve your mood if you have been feeling depressed
- change thoughts and behaviours which are having a negative impact
- move forward with your life adjusting to the changes in a more positive way
Call 0409 415 323
PENNY JANIS – LIFE TRANSITIONS AND ADJUSTMENTS PSYCHOLOGIST
Contact me to begin your journey to a more contented and satisfying life.
It is in the whole process of meeting and solving problems that life has meaning. Problems are the cutting edge that distinguishes between success and failure. Problems call forth our courage and our wisdom; indeed, they create our courage and our wisdom. It is only because of problems that we grow mentally and spiritually. It is through the pain of confronting and resolving problems that we learn.