Have you been called names, picked on, teased, put down, criticised, or insulted?
Have you been subjected to any of these additional bullying/harassment behaviours from an individual or a group of people (either in your earlier years or more recently):
- repeatedly threatened with violence (or threats of another nature), been hit, kicked, tripped or pushed, or had your property damaged?
- had rumours and lies spread about you?
- deliberately humiliated?
- excluded or rejected?
- had someone in the workplace abuse their power over you?
Do you feel:
- ashamed or embarrassed?
- distressed, anxious, panicky, or fearful?
- powerless or helpless to respond to the bullying?
- victimised or intimidated?
- angry or revengeful?
- a loss of self-confidence and self-esteem?
- that you are struggling to concentrate or to carry out your daily tasks?
- that your sleep patterns have changed?
- lonely or isolated?
Psychological Treatment for Bullying
Bullying and harassment can cause severe distress and pain for the person being bullied, no matter what form the bullying takes. Bullying experienced in childhood or teenage years can have long term effects, carrying through to adult life. As a Clinical Psychologist with considerable experience in this area, I can help you to work through the effects of bullying. I provide Psychological Therapy (a talking therapy also referred to as psychotherapy) in a safe, supportive and caring environment, utilising a range of evidence-based therapeutic interventions tailored to suit your specific needs. I use an integrative approach, and draw on therapy models such as Cognitive-Behavioural, Trauma Focussed, Narrative, Humanistic, Person Centered, Emotion Focussed, Psychodynamic, Interpersonal, and Mindfulness (amongst others),
Benefits of Treatment for Bullying
I can assist you to:
- understand why the bullying occurred and how it has affected you physically, psychologically and behaviourally
- process the emotions related to being bullied
- improve your mood, overcome fears and manage anxiety
- rebuild your self esteem and confidence
- learn assertion skills
- restore a sense of safety and become more empowered
- develop strategies to manage any future bullying.
How we can help
- process thoughts and feelings related to the bullying in a safe and supportive environment
- rebuild your self esteem and confidence (eroded by the bullying)
- reduce distressing and painful emotions related to being bullied
- learn strategies to manage any future bullying behaviour
- become more assertive
- overcome fears
- develop skills to manage anxiety and improve your mood
Call 0409 415 323
PENNY JANIS – PSYCHOLOGIST BULLYING
Contact me to begin your journey to a better life, free from the effects of bullying.
I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.