Parenting – Child and Youth Resources
ABCD Parenting – (Victorian website)
Parenting of young adolescents – resources regarding common issues parents of teenagers face.
Child and Youth Health (South Australian Government Website)
Women and Children’s health network – information for parents, carers and young people regarding health, caring for children, and pregnancy.
Headspace – National Youth Mental Health Foundation (national website)
Information, support and advice for parents and carers on mental health and wellbeing of young people aged 12-25.
Its All Right – SANE
For adolescents and young adults experiencing mental illness in the family.
Multicultural Health Communication Service (NSW)
Parenting and health information in 50 languages.
Parenting SA (South Australian Government website)
Parenting information and resources.
Parenting Strategies (University of Melbourne)
Online resource for parents on how to prevent depression and anxiety in their teenager.
Raising Children Network – The Australian Parenting Website
Information and resources on health and parenting of babies through to young adolescents (up to 15 years of age).
- adjustment and life transition issues (such as separation, retirement, illness)
- anxiety and panic attacks
- cancer – impact of a diagnosis, effects of treatment, and living with cancer
- childhood abuse (emotional, psychological and physical)
- childhood sexual abuse
- domestic violence and abuse
- family of origin issues
- fears and phobias
- gender and sexual orientation issues
- grief and loss
- health related issues
- life coaching
- relationship difficulties
- self development and personal growth
- self-esteem and confidence
- stress management
- trauma and post traumatic stress (PTSD)
- weight loss and weight management