Offers a range of prevention, treatment, information, education and community based services for drug and alcohol issues.
Financial Counselling (Salvation Army)
Support, information and advocacy provided by qualified financial counsellors to individuals experiencing financial difficulties. Free telephone helpline.
Telephone: 1800 007 007
Health Translations Directory
Multicultural health information available in different languages covering health, mental health, aged care, welfare services (and others)
Multicultural Health Communication Service (NSW)
Parenting and health information in 50 languages, assisting health professionals to communicate with people of non-English speaking backgrounds
National Health Services Directory (NHSD)
National directory of public and private sector health services and information about health providers. Includes general practitioners, pharmacists, specialists, hospitals and allied health practitioners (dieticians, physiotherapists, counsellors and more).
Information and resources regarding mental illness.
- adjustment and life transition issues (such as separation, retirement, illness)
- anxiety and panic attacks
- cancer – impact of a diagnosis, effects of treatment, and living with cancer
- childhood abuse (emotional, psychological and physical)
- childhood sexual abuse
- domestic violence and abuse
- family of origin issues
- fears and phobias
- gender and sexual orientation issues
- grief and loss
- health related issues
- life coaching
- relationship difficulties
- self development and personal growth
- self-esteem and confidence
- stress management
- trauma and post traumatic stress (PTSD)
- weight loss and weight management