Emergency and Crisis Contact Numbers
Crisis Care (South Australia)
An after hours service provided by Families SA Social Workers for people in crisis.
4 pm to 9 am and 24 hours on weekends and public holidays.
Telephone 13 16 11
Crisis Support Chat – Lifeline
An Australia wide online crisis chat service for people who are experiencing a personal crisis or may be feeling suicidal.
8 pm to 4 am (AEST), seven days a week.
Domestic Violence and Aboriginal Family Violence Gateway Service
Telephone 1800 800 098
Support and advice in a personal crisis – Australia wide.
Available 24 hours, seven days a week
Telephone 13 11 14
Mental Health Emergency – Mental Health Triage Service (South Australia)
For assistance in a mental health emergency, contact the mental health triage service.
Available 24 hours, seven days a week.
Telephone 13 14 65
Suicide Call Back Service (Australia wide)
Counselling provided to people feeling suicidal, people caring for someone who is suicidal, or anyone affected by suicide – immediate telephone counselling and support in a crisis
Available 24 hours
Telephone 1300 659 476
Yarrow Place Rape and Sexual Assault Service (South Australia)
Telephone 08 8226 8787 (After hours and emergency)
Aspire Clinical Psychology is not an emergency or crisis service.
- If you or someone you know is in a crisis situation, ring the Mental Health Emergency Triage Service (Tel: 13 14 65) or Lifeline (Tel: 13 11 14).
- If urgent or immediate assistance is required, contact Emergency Services on 000 or go to the emergency department of your nearest major hospital.
- adjustment and life transition issues (such as separation, retirement, illness)
- anxiety and panic attacks
- cancer – impact of a diagnosis, effects of treatment, and living with cancer
- childhood abuse (emotional, psychological and physical)
- childhood sexual abuse
- domestic violence and abuse
- family of origin issues
- fears and phobias
- gender and sexual orientation issues
- grief and loss
- health related issues
- life coaching
- relationship difficulties
- self development and personal growth
- self-esteem and confidence
- stress management
- trauma and post traumatic stress (PTSD)
- weight loss and weight management