Psychologists Adelaide | Aspire Clinical Psychology Adelaide
Assisting people to overcome difficulties, enhance their happiness, and become the best they can be. Treatment is offered for a broad range of issues outlined in the list below.
List of Special Interest Areas
Special interest in treatment of the following issues:
- adult survivors of childhood abuse
- domestic violence and abuse
- grief and loss
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and trauma
- family of origin issues impacting on adulthood
- life transitions
- personal development and personal growth
Important components of the therapeutic style includes ensuring that people feel listened to, not judged, and validated.
A person’s motivation to want to change, and establishing a good therapeutic relationship with a client are viewed as being pivotal to therapeutic outcomes.
The psychological therapy provided is underpinned by beliefs in:
- the uniqueness of a person
- the resilience of people and their ability to overcome adversity
- the capacity of people to make changes when the right conditions are provided
The psychology sessions are provided in a safe and supportive manner, and the process aims to facilitate better understanding, insight, and awareness.
Modes of Psychological Therapy
Effective interventions are drawn from psychological therapy modes and approaches including (but not limited to):
- cognitive-behavioural-therapy (CBT)
- grief therapy
- interpersonal therapy (IPT)
- trauma therapy