A minimum of 48 hours notice needs to be given to cancel or reschedule an appointment, otherwise a cancellation fee is charged.
If an appointment needs to be cancelled, please ring and leave a message if there is no answer, and your call will be returned.
The cancellation fees charged are as follows:
Cancellation fees are as follow:
- less than 24 hours notice of a cancellation prior to a scheduled appointment, the cancellation fee charged is 100% of the full appointment fee
- between 24-48 hours notice of a cancellation prior to a scheduled appointment, then the cancellation fee charged is 50% of the full appointment fee
Please note that cancellation fees paid cannot be claimed through private health insurance ‘Extras’ cover, or Medicare, and you will incur the cost of cancellation or late arrival fees. Further appointments will not be made until these fees are paid.
Cancellation or late arrival fees may be waived in special circumstances. Please discuss this at the time of cancelling an appointment.
For persons attending under the Medicare funded Better Access Program (with a Mental Health Treatment Plan):
- Medicare only pays for the period of time that a person is present for a consultation with a Psychologist. Medicare does not pay a psychologist for appointments which a person does not attend, or for the portion of the appointment where the person arrives late.
Psychological Treatment For:
- life transition issues
- anxiety and panic attacks
- childhood abuse
- childhood sexual abuse
- domestic violence and abuse
- family of origin issues
- grief and loss
- relationship difficulties
- self development and personal growth
- stress management
- trauma and post traumatic stress (PTSD)