Aspire Clinical Psychology Adelaide – Therapy and Treatment
Penny Janis – Clinical Psychologist
As a Psychologist, I find providing therapy and treatment for a broad range of issues both rewarding and a privilege. I am passionate about helping people overcome difficulties, achieve life goals, find or re-construct meaning in life, and lead happier and more satisfying lives. Empowering clients, building on their strengths, being more in control of their life, and feeling more optimistic about their future, is an important part of my therapeutic approach. I place great importance on the therapeutic relationship that is formed with a client and view the relationship, together with the motivation to want to change, as being pivotal to the therapeutic outcomes.
Life can at times be emotionally distressing, overwhelming, and stressful for all of us. For some people, seeking professional help is not an easy decision to make but it can turn out to be one of the best decisions you do make. Taking that first step and commencing therapy with a Psychologist such as myself can have significant benefits and be life changing.
Whether you want to:
- stop worrying excessively
- overcome problematic habits, behaviours, emotions or fears
- feel happier or derive more pleasure from life
- like yourself better
- have better relationships
- reduce your stress
- improve your ability to cope with an unexpected life change
- process grief and loss
- overcome the distressing effects of a traumatic experience, or,
- fulfill your life goals
I can help you.
My work as a psychologist is underpinned by beliefs in:
- the uniqueness of the individual
- the resilience of human beings and their ability to overcome adversity
- the capacity of people to develop and grow when the right conditions are provided.
As a Psychologist, I always aim to be highly professional and ethical. I strive to create a safe and trusting environment, and to facilitate better self-understanding and self awareness. I endeavour to be warm, friendly, empathic, sensitive, and non-judgemental.
I adhere to the professional standards, code of conduct, ethics, and continuing professional development requirements of the following professional bodies. I am a registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia (required by law in Australia to practice as a Psychologist). I am also a member of the Australian Psychological Society and a member of the Australian Psychological Society’s specialist college of Clinical Psychologists. My extensive training, registration, and membership of the Australian Psychological Society and the College of Clinical Psychologist professional bodies, can provide you with a greater degree of assurance regarding the high quality of my services.
I use an integrative evidence-based approach to therapy which is tailored to your specific needs. Evidence-based means I draw on psychological interventions that research has shown to be effective. My therapeutic style is such that I focus on helping you to develop the skills so that in the longer term you become your “own therapist”, and no longer need to see me.
Contact me to commence your journey towards creating a more satisfying and happier life, building on your strengths, and becoming the best person you can be.
- adjustment and life transition issues (such as separation, retirement, illness)
- anxiety and panic attacks
- childhood abuse (emotional, psychological and physical)
- childhood sexual abuse
- domestic violence and abuse
- family of origin issues
- fears and phobias
- gender and sexual orientation issues
- grief and loss
- health related issues
- life coaching
- relationship difficulties
- self development and personal growth
- self-esteem and confidence
- stress management
- trauma and post traumatic stress (PTSD)